Below, you will find the answers to frequently asked questions regarding Monarch.

What do I do if my question is not included?

Fill out the form on the right-hand side of your screen. You will receive a reply asap. Should you need an immediate answer, please contact the rental agency.


I want to rent an apartment, what do I do?

Check whether you meet the income criteria. If you do, fill out the online registration form and upload the necessary documents. You will hear from our rental agent whether you are eligible for a rental property.

What are the income criteria for renting?

To qualify for a property, you must meet the following guidelines.

  • Minimum gross monthly wage of 4x the monthly rent. In case of two incomes, the second income may be included for the full 100 percent.
  • Retired: minimum gross monthly wage of 3.5x the monthly rent.
  • Self-employed, entrepreneur or director/majority shareholder: call the agent for an exact calculation.

Which documents do I need to include with the registration form?

  • Copy valid ID of applicant and possible second applicant
  • Statement by landlord/administrator/owner/mortgage holder of current residence, confirming good payment history. If living in, please supply an extract from the municipal records database.
  • Employer’s declaration(s)
  • Copy of 3 recent, consecutive wage slips for applicant (and partner)
  • Annual statement last year
  • In case of benefits: copy of benefit grant
  • In case of divorce: divorce agreement
  • Copy bank statement with income deposit
  • Extract from the municipal records database

For the self-employed, entrepreneurs, director/majority shareholders also include:

  • Recent audit report with balance sheet and profit/loss account for the past 2 years
  • Accountant’s forecast for the results expected in the current book year
  • Recent extract from the Chamber of Commerce
  • Bank guarantee of at least 3 months
  • IB60 statement

If retired:

Instead of an employer’s declaration and wage slip, please provide copies of last year’s annual statements.

Can I apply for housing benefit?

The Monarch apartments are private sector apartments. It is not possible to apply for housing benefit. You can only apply for housing benefit for social sector rental properties with a maximum rental price of € 720.42 (price level 2019).

Do social benefits count as income and are they included in the calculation?

Social benefits, if these are a 2nd income, are included in the calculation. Please ask the rental agency for more information.

How many people can live in the apartment?

The resident (s) must belong to one family.The income check considers the main income plus 100 percent of the 2nd income in case you have a partner. Once you have moved in, the resident(s) must register with the municipal personal records database

How are the apartments allocated?

Based on availability.

What is the minimum rental period?

The minimum rental period is 1 year. After this period you can give notie per the 1st of next month + 1 month. For example: on 19th April, you give notice. The agreement will subsequently be terminated on 1st June.

Will I pay services charges in addition to the rental price?

Yes, the service costs are € 65 per month. This includes the costs for cleaning the general areas, electricity consumption, greenery / garden maintenance, window cleaning and insurance and elevator maintenance.

Where do I park in Monarch?

It is possible to rent a parking spot in the parking garage under the building. A parking spot costs € 115 a month.

Can I rent with a guarantee?

No, minimum income is 4x the rent (gross), second income counts for 100%

Is a housing permit required for the homes in Monarch?

Yes, for a number of apartments it is required to have an housing permit.

How many points do the houses in Monarch have?

We will not share this information yet, but all the apartments are free sector.

Renting is smart and convenient! Why?

As a tenant, you know where you stand. No unexpected costs, no financial risks, no devaluation. And maintenance? Not your concern. Repairs are taken care of for you.

Delivery level

When is the apartment ready for me to move in?

The apartments are available immediately.

Can I select my own kitchen and/or bathroom?

No. The apartments are fitted with a luxury Keller kitchen with Siemens built-in appliances and a modern bathroom. Check out the floor plans in the brochure.

Can I have laminate flooring installed?

Laminate flooring is allowed, provided the right subfloor is installed.

Do I also have an external storage room?

Every home has its own external storage room on the -2, -1 or ground floor where you can place your bike and / or scooter. The size of the storage room is 5 square meters. There is no other possibility to store your bike.

Note: the current storage rooms may be moved with the arrival of Monarch 4. Then there will be another entrance. For more information, please refer to the MVGM rental agent.

What is the finish on walls and ceiling?

The walls in the living room, hall, bedrooms, are finished with vinyl wallpaper in a neutral color. The ceilings are equipped with white paint . The wall in the toilet above the tiles is painted.

What is the kitchen like?

Every apartment has a modern Keller kitchen, see the floorplans in the brochure. The cabinets and countertops are white. The Siemens built-in appliances include an induction stove, vent hood, dishwasher, fridge with freezer compartment and a combi microwave.

What is the bathroom like?

You will find the bathroom floorplans in the brochure. Your bathroom has a walk-in shower or a shower corner with door, and/or bath, towel radiator and a large bathroom sink. There is mirror over the sink. The floor tiles are dark gray, the wall tiles a shiny white.

What is the WC like?

It has a wall-mounted toilet and sink. The floor tiles are dark gray, the wall tiles a shiny white.

What kind of heating system is there?

The houses are equipped with floor heating i.c.m. district heating. There is a towel radiator in the bathroom.

Does the apartment have a ventilation system?

Each apartment has a Heat recovery ventilation (HRV). There is a control switch in the living room, all bedrooms and the bathroom.

Am I allowed to paint the walls?

The walls (with the exception of the rough wall in the kitchen) are fitted with neutral wallpaper. You can make the walls to your own taste. So you can `sauce` walls or paper them (again). Keep in mind that if you ever decide to leave the house, you must return it to its original state.

It is not allowed to drill in tiles (bathroom, toilet, kitchen) and the rough walls, columns and floors.

Am I allowed to install sun screens on the outside?

Installing sun screens requires the estate manager’s consent. They can provide you with information on the appropriate model and colour.

How are the balconies on the South facade of Tower A finished?

The balconies on the Zuidgevel of Tower A (types A1 and A2) are situated on the Utrechtsebaan. To limit any noise nuisance, a fixed glass wall has been fitted on the front.

The noise barrier is for type A1 and A2 up to and including the 21st floor tower A.

The windows and doors of the bedroom and living room can be opened.
Moreover, there is also ventilation through a balanced ventilation system (WTW).
There are blow-in valves in the bedrooms and living room, and extraction valves in the kitchen, bathroom, toilet and technical room.

The balconies are partially open on the (above 1 meter) side and a small space on the top.


Is there a concierge service?

No, there will be no concierge service.

Is there a floor finish in the house?

No, there will be no floor finish. You have to do that yourself.

Are the houses soundproofed?

The houses are well insulated. Screens have been placed on the balconies to ensure that outside noise in the home is minimal

What kind of building will be next to Monarch III?

In addition to Monarch III, a space has been reserved for the next development: Monarch IV.
The golden building, is a wooden building, and included in the AI ​​as a possible “idea”. It is intended as office spaces and not for residential construction. The land is owned by the RijksVastgoedBedrijf (RVB). There is probably no development going on there within five years.

What are the dimensions of the lifts?

The dimensions of the lifts are: 1 meter wide, 2 meters deep and 2.15 meters high. Keep this in mind with the incorporation of furniture!

What measures are being taken to prevent noise pollution?

The facade (including glazing) meets the noise standards according to the Building Decree. The façade is therefore sound-insulated better than a façade in a rural area. For example, an extra glass screen has been placed near the balconies on the A12 side. This was necessary according to the regulations.

What is the distance between Tower B of Monarch III and the new Monarch IV building?

It is not yet known what will be developed. The building plot is purchased by the Central Government Real Estate Agency.

What will be the impact on the view from the balcony of apartment B4 (for example from apartment 9-54) considering the distance between the towers?

Depending on the future design of Monarch IV.

As a tenant, can I have a particulate filter installed myself?

No, if other filters are used by residents for fine dust, the installation must be upgraded. With the risk of noise nuisance and therefore complaints regarding living conformation.
Now the installation complies with the building decree.